Pediatrician serving the needs of children of all ages, paying special attention the challenges faced by local parents.
Old Fashioned Care
Aspen Medical Care Offers Full Service Primary Care
Our clinicians are dedicated to using evidence-based medicine to promote health and wellness as suited to each individual patient’s needs.
FollowMyHealth is a patient portal that works in conjunction with Veradigm to expand practice/patient communication via secure online connectivity.
Patients securely log in to a designated area to access medical information, complete administrative tasks and more.
Aspen Medical Care’s Virtual Visit service has been designed to address selected patient concerns and potential diagnoses remotely. During each Virtual Visit, the patient will be able to discuss his or her concerns with the provider via a video encounter.
Please call our office at 970-920-0104 to arrange a virtual visit.
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PMSaturday 8:00 AM-12:00 PMSundayClosedBasalt Closed Tuesdays in Jan
Medical Records Request
Click below for patient instructions on how to make a medical records request.
Aspen Medical Care provides pediatric care for residents and visitors to the upper Roaring Fork Valley. Sick or well, Dr. Guggenheim and Dr. Harris have the expertise your child deserves. Family Medicine providers are also available to see children of all ages.
- Full spectrum care from newborns to adolescents
- Two full time pediatricians with over 42 years of combined experience. Both Dr. Harris and Dr, Guggenheim are accepting new patients!
- Comprehensive well child care according the to American Academy of Pediatrics schedule
- Allergy care including immunotherapy, aka ‘allergy shots’
- Same day appointments available most days to address common childhood illnesses and injuries. Even if no appointment is available for your child,
walk-ins are always welcome!*
Walk-in hours are between 8 – 3:30p. You must arrive before 3:00 to be seen as a walk-in patient. By 2:30 if you are a Medicare patient.
Saturday morning walk-in clinic for sick visits.**
Saturday clinic hours are between 8a – 12p. You must arrive before 11:30a to be seen on Saturdays.Aspen Office only
- Discounted sports participation physicals for locals.
Family Medicine providers at Aspen Medical Care use a broad understanding of health and disease throughout life to provide continuing and comprehensive health care. Dr. Jenny Connery, Shari Kiehnbaum PA, Tracie Waltershied PA and Jade Golden PA offer comprehensive health care across all ages, genders, and diseases.
- A holistic approach to patient care across the entire life span
- Personalized, evidence-based care.
- Preventative care which often includes health screens, cancer screening and immunizations.
- Management of chronic medical conditions
- Sick visits available, usually on the same day.
Walk-ins are always welcome if no scheduled appointment is available.*Walk-in hours are between 8 – 3:30p. You must arrive before 3:00 to be seen as a walk-in patient. By 2:30 if you are a Medicare patient.
- Allergy care including immunotherapy, aka ‘allergy shots’
At Aspen Medical Care, our Internist, Dr. Bryan Gieszl, is an expert in caring for adults with complex problems. Internal Medicine physicians, like Dr. Gieszl, diagnose and manage long-term illnesses, help patients navigate multiple complex conditions and provide comprehensive longitudinal care. Dr. Gieszl tailors his recommendations to each patient’s unique needs.
- Diagnostic expertise in diseases both common and rare
- Clarification and organization of subspecialist recommendations
- Integration of your health care into your daily life
- Diet and lifestyle counseling
- Longitudinal care, including palliative care.
At Aspen Medical Care, our providers are well-trained in sexual and reproductive care. Our team – from our pediatricians to our adult physicians and family medicine providers – are ready to address your concerns in these sensitive and important areas of wellness.
- Contraception counseling with personalized recommendations
- IUD and Nexplanon placement.
- Cervical and breast cancer screening.
- Safer sex counseling and testing; STI prevention and counseling, STI treatment as needed.
- Sexual dysfunction
- Early pregnancy care, including medication and referral as needed.
Same Day Care
Aspen Medical Care takes pride in providing same-day care to our patients and visitors to the Roaring Fork Valley. Our collaborative approach allows each provider to deliver quality care to every patient.
- Same-day care provided at both our Aspen and Basalt office locations.
- Have a new concern about an old problem, or a new illness? Scheduled, same-day appointments are frequently available. Please call to check availability!
- If you are sick or have a minor injury, and no appointments are available, no problem! We offer walk-in visits until 3:30p on weekdays. *Walk-in hours are between 8 – 3:30p. You must arrive before 3:00 to be seen as a walk-in patient. By 2:30 if you are a Medicare patient.
- Aspen Medical Care reserves the right to stop accepting walk-in patients earlier than stated here if the burden of patients threatens to negatively affect the quality of our care.
- Sick or injured on the weekend? Our Saturday morning clinic is designed to care for ill adults and children. Walk-ins only!**Saturday clinic hours are between 8a – 12p. You must arrive before 11:30a to be seen on Saturdays. Aspen Office only
- X-ray services available in the Aspen office only.
- Some appointment types are not appropriate for walk-in care. Please see this link for a complete list. If in doubt, please call the office and discuss the issues with a staff member.
Travel Consults and Immunizations
All of the providers at Aspen Medical Care are excited to help you and your family have a healthy, safe trip. We offer travel consultations at both the Aspen and Basalt locations.
- Individualized advice, based on up-to-date recommendations and specific to your destination and itinerary.
- Administration of most, if not all, required travel immunizations.
- Medication prescribed as you might need.
- Water safety, food safety and other guidance reviewed every visit.
Pediatrician striving to provide compassionate care for all pediatric patients in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Family medicine physician focused on preventive individualized medicine and comprehensive healthcare for all ages.
Internal medicine physician specializing patient-centered, individualized medical care.
Family medicine PA providing empowering preventative care and exceptional attention to acute medical needs.
Family medicine PA providing excellence in preventive and acute care medicine.